The Jefferson County Health and Education Committee is a partnership of local non-profits and area health and social service organizations. The committee meets throughout the year to evaluate the needs of the community and organize fundraising activities to fund the Back-to-School Fair.
We are always looking for new members and new ideas. If you would like to get involved please contact Paulette Hensley at email@example.com or (636) 931-7696.
Each year the Jefferson County Education Committee hosts the Jefferson County Health and Education Fair. The fair is designed to provide free school supplies to registered low income verified children in Jefferson County School Districts. Each registered child receives a backpack, age and school approved school supplies, hearing and vision screening tests, a dental screening and referral, a haircut, healthy snacks and lunch, books, health and wellness screenings, as well as information regarding school lunch programs, insurance, and much much more. All of these services are provided at no cost to the children and families.
Total Stats for the 2022 Back to School Fair:
- Backpacks filled with school supplies were given to 612 children. (including families unable to attend the fair)
- 397 children received a free pair of Adidas Shoes thanks to our partnership with Sneakers with Soul
- 400+ Meals were distributed by Operation Food Search
- 84 Children received a Free Haircut
- 150 Child ID Kits were completed by MO Family Support Division
- 27 Children received Detal services thanks to Upward Smiles (19 cleanings + 8 emergency services)
- 3 Lead Screenings by Jefferson County Health Department
- 6 families fill out SNAP applications and 350 students received water bottles with the fruit infuser from University of Missouri Extension Office
- Over 50 volunteers from Schnucks management team, Gracelife Chapel, and American Heritage Girls helped to set up and run the event
- 26 Vendors Including gave valuable information and fun products to everyone who attended
Thank You To Our Vendors
The Jefferson County Health and Education Committee would like to say thank you to our many community partners that made it possible to distribute backpacks and school supplies.
Arsenal Credit Union
Child Care Aware
Chestnut Health Systems
Christian Family Services
Developmental Disability Advocates (DDA)
FACT Family Advocacy and Community Training
Get Healthy DeSoto
Good Shepherd Children & Family Service
Jefferson County 911 Dispatch
Jefferson County Family Support Division
Jefferson County Community Partnership
Jefferson County Health Department
Jeff Co Retired Educational Association
Jefferson Franklin Community Action Corporation
Parents as Teachers
Presbyterian Children’s Home & Services / Family Solutions for Kids
St. Louis Crisis Nursery
Second Hand Heroes
United 4 Children
University of Missouri Extension
Fundraising for the fair occurs year round and we are always looking for volunteers and businesses willing to sponsor a fundraising event. Sponsorship levels and advertising options are also available for individuals and businesses willing to sponsor the fair itself. 100% of the money raised for the fair goes back into buying school supplies and any help is most appreciated. Please call to get involved and check back often to learn more about our upcoming fundraising events. For more information please contact Paulette at (636) 931-7696 or firstname.lastname@example.org.