What is the mission of DRA’s In-Home Services?
Disability Resource strives to provide services to our clients and their families with compassion, dignity, and respect, as we work together to maintain the clients quality of life every single day. It is our mission to keep our clients empowered in every way possible and build a strong foundation of support when they are in need.
What is DRA’s In-Home Services’ Agency Model?
As we advance through life or live with a chronic illness or disability you might find yourself needing help with your daily living activities to live independent in the comfort of your own home. Disability Resource prides ourselves in providing high quality care within our client’s homes.
What services does DRA’s In-Home Program provide?
- Personal Care – assistance with activities of daily living;
- Homemaker – general household activities to assist with housekeeping activities;
- Chore – short-term, intermittent tasks necessary to maintain a clean, sanitary and safe home environment;
- Advanced Personal Care – maintenance services to assist with activities of daily living when such assistance requires devices or procedures related to altered body functions;
- Authorized Nurse Visits – maintenance or preventative services provided by a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse; and
- Respite – provides relief for the primary caregiver
What are the things DRA does to have trustworthy compassionate, caring employees?
- All employees are carefully screened to ensure the absence of a criminal background.
- A Registered Nurse supervises and trains All employees to ensure excellent care for our clients.
- When employees are hired, emphasis is given to character, personality, proven skills, employment history, dependability and maturity.
- All employees are covered by work related accidental insurance.
- All advanced care aides must pass a comprehensive evaluation administered by a Registered Nurse.
- All employees receive Alzheimer’s and dementia training prior to client contact.
How much does the In-Home Service Program cost?
This service is free if the care recipient has active Medicaid/MO Health-net.
We do offer these services as private pay as well. We pride ourselves in knowing that are rates are the lowest in the area. Our costs are as follows:
- Personal Care: $18.40 per hour
- Homemaker Chore: $18.40 per hour
- Advanced Personal Care: $22.80 per hour
- Nurse Visits: $44.35 per visit
- Basic Respite: $16.40 per hour
Does Disability Resource offer any In-Home services to veterans?
Yes, through the VetAssist Program we are able to offer in home services to veterans or veterans spouse. This service is offered for veterans or the surviving spouse of a deceased wartime veteran. Eligibility requirements include the veteran must have a minimum of 90 days active duty, with at least one day during wartime, and an honorable discharge. The veteran or surviving spouse must have a medical condition causing the need for assistance with activities of daily living. The home care services include help with bathing/dressing, laundry, meal preparation, personal care, medication reminders, light housekeeping, and transportation. The veteran or surviving spouse must be unable to drive to be eligible for this program.
How do I request In-Home Services?
Please contact DRA at (636) 931-7696 or fill out this online request form to request in home services and we will be in touch.